OZblog

If the truth makes you sick, take an anti-nausea medication before you dare read this!

Monday, May 15

Send the Guard to the Border

I initially opposed W's apparent call for the National Guard to be used to finally protect our border.

After much reflection, I am going to reverse myself here. Heck, if W can do it, I can, too, right?

My initial assessment was a knee-jerk Bush-bashing that was made without thinking through the issue. Now, I've had time to do that.

It is clear that W's decision to send the National Guard to the borders has a 2-pronged mission. First, W knows from personal experience in the Gaurd that they have a lot of free time. Heck, when he was in the guard during what was previously considered our most senseless war [until Iraq], he didn't even have to show up. He had time to work on political campaigns in AL, and to do Lord knows what else, since not a soul can recall what he did during that time, and if he can, he ain't talking. That experience shaped W's view of the Guard, and I think it is about time that America accepts that W has the 1st-had experience to come to this conclusion.

Heck, I've never been in the Guard, so all I know is what I've read in those liberal newspapers, talking about deployments to Iraq, deployments to hurricane zones, etc. W does not read the papers, so his 1st-had recollection of his guard experience is not sullied by such clearly false reports. I defer to his 1st-hand knowledge.

Secondly, and most importantly, the border with Mexico is mostly desert. Now, these same National Guard troops will soon be sent to the deserts of Iran to fight swarthy folks in the desert. I think the obvious training of tracking and capturing swarthy folks in our desert, without the high cost of shipping them back to Iraq for another tour there to toughen them up is an excellent way to prepare them for WMDebacle Part 2: Iran. It will also save money, which we need in order to pay for the tax cuts on America's richest citizens, who have sacrificed for this war enough.

So, who can be against that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home